Apply Western University — Western University is a public institution that was founded in 1878. It has an urban setting, and the campus size is 1,200 acres. It utilizes a differs by program-based academic calendar. Admission to Western University is available in the terms of fall, spring and winter. With an acceptance rate of 58%, the university exhibits a moderately selective admission policy. Western University has 41,940 students, including more than 4,493 international students from 129 countries.
Western University offers more than 400 different specializations, majors and minors at the undergraduate level. You can choose from 17 different undergraduate degrees, three different degree types, (Honors Bachelor, four-year Bachelor, three-year Bachelor degrees) and within those Honors Specializations, Specializations, Majors and Minor modules.
The University’s 11 Faculties offer a tremendous amount of choice of undergraduate and graduate degree programs supporting the success of approximately 30,000 students including more than 6,000 international students from 128 countries.
Table of Contents
While student’s academic average is an important metric, Western also want to see consistent performance in your courses and that you are strong in the required courses for the program you applied to. Before you apply Western University, you have to know everything about the University.
Now, Western University MBA admission requires a B grade in the last two years of UG degree, and 2 years of relevant work experience. Students also need a sound GMAT or GRE score. The University’s typical first year class has an entering average of around 88% (A). This is an average, which means some students are above and some students are below.
Western University assess application based on:
- General admission requirements for where you have studied
- Course pre-requisites for the faculty/program you are applying to
- English language requirements if applicable
- Supplemental information (profile, audition, portfolio, personal statement, etc.)
The University may also ask you for additional information to consider other aspects like:
- If you attended multiple high schools and your grades varied significantly between different schools
- The number of times you have attempted a course and how different your grades were in each attempt
- The breadth, rigor and relevance of your high school courses
- How your required test scores compare to applicants from similar academic backgrounds
Western University welcomes applications for the fall, summer, and spring semesters. The application for Western University admission opens on October 1, 2022, and closes on February 1, 2023.
Graduate programs may have varying admission deadlines. Therefore, it is recommended that applicants check the program details before apply Western University.
Apply Western University Undergraduate Programs
An undergraduate degree is the starting point to your future. Consider it the academic foundation. It’s typically the first degree you can work on at the university level.
Western University Undergraduate Admissions
The admission process of Western University is similar for both the international and domestic applicants; however, there are some additional requirements to be met by the international applicants
Western University offers various degree programs in disciplines like Arts & Humanities, Engineering. The university has expanded its offerings by providing degrees in Law and Medicine. The following documents must be submitted for admission to undergraduate programs at UWO:
- Where to Apply Western University: Online Application, Application Fee: 156 CAD
Admission Requirements of Undergraduate program:
- Official high school transcripts
- Completed application
- Result of the 12th grade in the form of a mark sheet is to be provided by the board which is recognized by the national authority.
- Result of the 10th grade is also to be provided; photocopies of the same will also be acceptable if certified by the school principal or the examination board.
- English language proficiency test scores
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of passport
- One of the English language exams to study in Canada
- Personal essay
Note: While the school does not have a general minimum cut-off for grades, specific programs have their own requirements that students have to meet. Most of them require an 80% average or higher. We recommend striving for 90% so that you can be a competitive applicant.
Apply Western University Graduate programs
Western University offers 88 graduate degree programs including professional master’s and interdisciplinary programs to choose from, a few of them are Accounting, Astronomy, Business, Engineering, Communications, Data Analytics, Education, Financial Economics, Foods and Nutrition, Geology, Geophysics, Journalism, Law, Management, Statistics, Theology, etc.
Where to Apply Western University: Online Application, Application Fee: 120 CAD
Admission Requirements of graduate programme:
- Transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended are to be attached.
- If not issued in the English language, then an official translation must be submitted along with the original document.
- Applicants must possess a four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 70% overall average in the last 2 full-time years of an undergraduate degree.
- At least two references
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Many programs require the attachment of several additional documents such as a sample of writings, resumes, publications, etc.
Tips for Strong application
Students are required to submit the application prior to the deadline to be considered for admission at Western University. Late applications are not taken into consideration. For a strong application be informed that, the school currently has an estimated acceptance rate of 58%.
The average accepted GPA is 3.4, and the average grade of first-year entering classes is just under 90%, one of the highest in the country. Although, it is worth noting that this average does vary depending on the faculty and program you’re interested in.
Also make sure to put all the relevant deadlines on your phone calendar and set up notifications for one week before, two days before, and the day of the deadline. That way, you won’t need to remember the deadline; you’ll just get a reminder when it’s close.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AIDS
There are several programs that exist to help both local and international students offset this cost. Along with scholarships, Western University offers numerous grants and bursaries that students can apply for. Furthermore, the university provides student loans and financial aid programs, including a bursary program and a work-study program that allows students to gain valuable work experience while earning an income.
Domestic students from the province of Ontario are also eligible to receive many benefits through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). It’s recommended to work with a Canadian university admissions consultant if you need help finding and applying to the various funding opportunities you could be eligible for.
To recognize and reward the outstanding academic achievements of our incoming high school students, Western offers the following admission scholarships:
- Western Scholarship of Excellence: 250 scholarships at $8000 each, ($6,000 in first year, plus $2,000 for an optional study abroad experience.), Top high school admission average.
- Western Scholarship of Distinction: $3,500 each, ($2,500 in first year, plus $1,000 for optional study abroad experience). Unlimited number, Final admission average of 92.0% to 100.0%.
- Western Admission Scholarship: $2,500 each, ($1,500 in first year, plus $1,000 for optional study abroad experience). Unlimited number. Final admission average of 90.0% to 91.9%.
Note that if you are admitted to an undergraduate program at Western’s main campus directly from secondary school and are registered in first-year full-time studies you will be automatically considered for one of these admission scholarships; you do not need to submit an application. These scholarships are available to domestic and international students.
Also, to be eligible to receive this funding the student must participate in a Western-sanctioned international learning experience, complete the experience prior to the end of their fourth year of studies, be registered at Western in the academic year the funding is requested and submit an application.
After You Apply Western University
After you apply Western University, the student will receive an email from the admission department as soon as his/her application decision is made. Those selected will receive an offer letter in the email itself:
- For 101 applicants: Western University delivers offers in rounds starting from December to May. They use the combination of Grade 11 and Grace 12 grades for each offer round. If the student does not get an early offer, they can wait until mid-May.
- For 102 applicants: After submission of all of the forms and grades, students will have for at least 4 to 6 weeks before University contacts them. If the student has submitted their application early, they can hear from the university sooner as the applications are reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Acceptance of Application: Students are contacted via email after the declaration of application decision. If an offer is made, students will receive a mail along with an attached link of their personalized Western portal. Students can review their application status there.
- Acceptance of Application for International students: The students require a letter of acceptance in order to complete their documentation process for study visa. The letter of acceptance is attached on the last page of their offer letter on the Western portal. They need to print it and present it at the visa processing center.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The format of frequently asked question of Western University is useful to clearly pin point questions and answers troubling both applicants and students of Western University. Having said that find some frequently asked question of Western University below:
- Question: I have a 3-year degree. Can I apply?
- Answer: A 4-year degree is recommended to apply, but Western will also consider applicants with a 3-year degree and relevant work experience
- Question: What type of degree (discipline) do Western University require?
- Answer: The University require an undergraduate degree or equivalent in any Social Science discipline.
- Question: What are the job opportunities after completion of MA?
- Answer: Western is training students for careers conducting policy- and practice-relevant research in government departments, not-for-profits, and the private sector. There is a wide array of job opportunities for researchers in all sectors, as demonstrated by recent studies we have conducted on the job market.
- Question: Aside from tuition fees, what other fees are required to be paid?
- Answer: You can expect ancillary fees that are in addition to tuition. Details and the breakdown of ancillary fees can be found on the Registrar’s Office website. https://registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/fees_refunds/fee_refund_schedules.html. These fees are subject to change.
- Students can also expect costs of textbooks in a range of $500-$750 per year.
Established in 1878, the university deliver ‘The Western Experience’ as it fosters informed global citizenship through transformative educational opportunities.
Western University is an engaged academic community guided by the values of:
- integrity and ethics,
- equity and social justice, and
- academic and research excellence.
The university is deeply committed to:
- the delivery of innovative, research-intensive, and online professional academic programs,
- which aim to enhance equity and accessibility for all learners,
- rigorous research defined by high academic and social impact, and
- culturally and socially responsive service that aims to produce high-quality outcomes that positively affect education and benefit all of society.
How To Apply Western University by SchoolsinOntario