Apply Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) — Royal Military College is one of only two federal military colleges in Canada and is a key institution for educating and training future officers for the Canadian Armed Forces. The college’s mission is to develop leaders of character for the Canadian Armed Forces and Canadian society as a whole.
This article entails the document needed and the steps required to apply Royal Military College of Canada, either as a domestic applicant or international applicant.
Table of Contents
Before you apply Royal Military College of Canada (RMC)
Before applying for the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC), note that RMC has specific eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to be considered for admission. These requirements include being a Canadian citizen, meeting minimum academic requirements, and meeting specific health and fitness standards.
Prepare your documents
When applying to the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC), you will need to prepare the following documents to ensure that your application is complete:
- High school transcripts
- Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) scores
- Medical Records
- Personal statement
- Letter of reference
- Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Language proficiency
To apply RMC, you need to first check the application deadline to see if the school is open for admission before you start your application. The application deadline is January 31 however it’s recommended that students apply in September of their final year of high school to allow time for processing of their application.
Domestic and international applicant
Applicants interested in pursuing full-time undergraduate degree programmes offered at RMC must start their applications online through the Canadian Armed Forces’ website by selecting ‘Apply Now.’ Applicants are encouraged to start their application in September of their final year of high school.
Applicants should also consider the following:
- Applicants should indicate when they apply that they are interested in the ROTP.
- Applicants will receive an email from CAF Recruiting confirming the application has been received and is being processed. Candidates will receive further instructions with the next steps of their application process.
- Applicants are encouraged to check your spam folder on a regular basis for information from Recruiting.
- The deadline for application for ROTP is the 31st of January. For further information please contact Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting or call 1-800-856-8488
How to apply Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) as a domestic applicant
The following will assist domestic applicants in applying to Royal Military College:
- Review admission requirements to make sure eligibility requirements is met.
- Create an account on RMC website and provide personal and academic information.
- Submit all required documents
- Pay application fee depending on preferred programme and applicant status
- Complete the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT)
- Applicant may be invited to attend an interview to assess your leadership potential, motivation, and suitability for RMC program.
- After completing all steps of the application process, you will need to wait for a decision from the RMC admissions committee.
How to apply Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) as an international applicant
As international applicant applying to the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC), follow these steps:
- Meet the eligibility requirements and admission requirements for your desired program on RMC website.
- Create an account on the RMC website with personal and academic information.
- As an international applicant, you may need to submit additional documents such as English proficiency tests, study permits, and proof of financial support.
- Pay the application fee
- Complete the Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT). This test measures your cognitive abilities and general knowledge.
- After submitting your application, you may be invited to attend an interview to assess your leadership potential, motivation, and suitability for the RMC program.
After you apply Royal Military College of Canada
After completing application steps, applicants will need to wait for a decision from the RMC admissions committee. This can take several weeks or months, depending on the program and the number of applicants.
How To Apply Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) by SchoolsinOntario